BEFORE YOU DIG PARTNERS TRANSACTION REQUEST PROCESS
The Business Rule Alignment Group (BRAG) consisted of Before You Dig Partner (BYDP) members across Alberta, British Columbia (BC), Saskatchewan, and Manitoba who created the Business Rules for the Use of Western Canada Notification Systems (the “BRAG Rules”). Select members of the BRAG will form the smaller BYDP Committee which will be responsible for maintaining the BRAG Rules going forward.
The BRAG Rules, documenting the “One System / One Approach” notification system process for Western Canada, was submitted to, and received approval by, the governing bodies of the Western Canada Notification Centres in Q3 2017. The BRAG Rules were the foundation for System Requirements in the BYDP’s 2017 Request for Proposals for new notification system software that ultimately lead to the selection of PelicanCorp. As a result, the PelicanCorp’s OneCallAccess software was designed to conform to the BRAG Rules. Since the BRAG Rules apply to all provincial notification centres, proposed new procedures or revisions to existing process must be presented to, considered and approved by the BYDP Committee before implementation.
Scope and Applicability
The Transaction Request Procedure describes the manner in which new or revised BRAG Rules procedures are documented, controlled and submitted to the BYDP Committee for review and consideration. This procedure applies to the BYDP Committee, the BYDP Chair, the Contact Centre Manager and to the Designated Provincial Operations’ Committees (DPC) for Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, the Alberta Common Ground Alliance (ABCGA), the British Columbia Common Ground Alliance (BCCGA), the Manitoba Common Ground Alliance (MCGA) and the Saskatchewan Common Ground Alliance.
- DPCs incorporate BRAG Rules Review and BYDP TR Process as standing agenda items
- The DPCs review the BRAG Rules and submit TR forms outlining new process proposals or review of existing process by email to the BYDP Committee Chair
- The BYDP Committee Chair:
- reviews TRs for category accuracy
- uploads TRs approved for review to the BYDP’s Committee login page
- returns rejected TRs to their originator for review and resubmission, if desired
- Schedules regular BYDP Committee meetings to review and consider submitted TRs
- Initiates BRAG Rules Change Management Process when a TR is approved by the BYDP Committee
The Transaction Record Form is attached to this article. To submit a change request, complete the Transacation Record form and submit it to the Designated Provincial Operations Committee via:
info@BeforeYouDigPartners.com using the subject line "TR Submission".