Well we made it - so far! The sky still stands, the ground has not opened up and swallowed us whole. That said, we have been busy dealing with an assortment of post-cutover issues. Here is an update on some of the known issues we are working on or have resolved:
1. Members not receiving tickets
There were a few issues on Friday morning with some members not receiving tickets. Most issues were related to FTP challenges and an issue was discovered with the Post Production environment only sending in Active mode instead of Passive mode as the Pre-production environment had. Email issues were typically related to the new ticket 'from' address (email@example.com) not being whitelisted or email filters stripping attachments.
All known issues have been resolved.
2. Tickets not being transmitted in the same format as testing
The Production environment reset the member ticket preferences for everyone based on a default setting rather than on the settings we had manually made in Pre-production for testing with members. As a result, those who were expecting XML, GIF, GML or PDF attachments did not get what they had prepared for.
ON THAT NOTE: if you are still not receiving the attachments you want, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Ticket Formats" and indicate which of the formats you require. The options again are:
PDF - all ticket information and a map image contained in a readable PDF file atttachment. (NOTE: if PDF is one of your choices, the details of the ticket will no longer be in the body of the email)
XML with GML location file - XML file designed to be consumed by parsing software; GML file containing the spatial object of the dig site polygon, which can be transfered to your internal asset maps as an overlay (requires Projection information from your system to display correctly - default is WGS 84 Lat/Long)
GIF image attachment - an image file of the dig site area polygon on the map
3. Dig site restrictions bug
It appears that, despite testing correctly in pre-production, there is a bug in the live environment that allowed users to create polygons in a city as large as 108,000 sq. meters. This should be fixed over night in Production.
4. Various smaller issues
Some random issues have been discovered, all of which should be addressed before we start up on our first Monday morning.
- Unable to retransmit customer PDF when no members are notified on ticket
- some members not showing up in Phone Out Screen (manuall handled by agents for now)
- Ticket search timing out
- Cancel button missing for external users
- date display on user copy still not correct
- some audit / daily summaries not received by member (mostly because we are only delivering these to email at the moment)
- log in issues (most were user error)
- Previous ticket # is showing up as the internal Job Number in the Remarks field
Those are the big ones for now. We are ready for another busy day in the Cutover War Room tomorrow. I will post more tomorrow night.