When using Before You Dig Partners to request underground service information for the first time, you will first need to register your contact details. Click the Register User link on the Login panel to go to the Registration Page:
Next, complete the form as shown below:
- Excavator Details: Here you can enter your name and, if you’re requesting locates for your business, you can enter your company details. If you are a homeowner, you can leave the company sections blank.
- Contact Details: Provide at least one contact phone number. You will need to provide an email address so that we can send you an account validation email (this is also how other correspondence will arrive). If you entered a company name above, please select your Industry and User Type. Otherwise, select Homeowner for each of these fields.
- Login Details: These are the details you will use to log in to the online service. Please note the Username and Password are case-sensitive. Most people use their email address as their Username. When choosing your password, it must be at least six characters long, and contain both letters and numbers.
- Security: We ask a security question as a privacy precaution. This is used when you phone the contact centre to verify your identity. We suggest picking an answer that only you will know - for example, you could set "Your Birthday" as "Goldfish".
- Miscellaneous: Under this section you can choose to subscribe to our newsletter service. This subscription status can be changed at any time. Tick the box to agree to our Terms and Conditions, confirm you are a legitimate user with the reCAPTCHA (What is reCAPTCHA?) and click Sign Up to complete your registration.
To the right side of the form will be a status box indicating if BYDP has accepted your registration details (and sometimes show if matching profiles are found if you have registered with the service previously). If any details are not accepted this box will provide information on what has failed:
Tip: If you notice that any fields on the form are red, it means they have been entered in the wrong format or are not otherwise recognized by the system. After changing the info in these fields to the correct format they may remain red (e.g. Primary Phone #). This is normal. You may need to press the Sign Up button twice - the first click will get the system to re-read the form to recognize the change, then the second click will sign you up.
If you require assistance when filling in the contact details, click on the orange question mark ? icons, and these will advise you on how to fill in each section. It is important that you answer the mandatory fields correctly otherwise facility owners may not be able to reach you.
After clicking Sign Up, you will be presented with a Success message, like the one below:
You will be sent a registration email with a validation link - this link must be clicked before you can begin requesting locates and will expire after 3 days. If you do not receive the registration email, please check your junk/spam folders, or email our contact centre at email@example.com for assistance. Our Chat Agents are always available during business hours by clicking the Chat Widget in the bottom-right corner of your screen. Click here for more information on validating your account.